Madhurjya Ranjan Barthakur is one of the brilliant Tabla player, an internationally acclaimed performing artiste of Indian Classical Music and an academician.
Madhurjya has received his lessons in tabla from his illustrious musicologist father Dr.Dilip Ranjan Barthakur. He was fortunate to learn from his father’s guru Late Ustad Munne Khan of Lucknow, stalwart of Farukhabad Gharana from the age of three, with Ganda Bandhan ceremony.
Madhurjya has been actively working as a performer and a propogator of Indian Classical Music by promoting musical education among youth in India and overseas including Afghanistan.
• MA in Music from Rabindra Bharati University Kolkata.
• Awarded the title of TALA MANI from Sur Singar Samsad, Mumbai in 2008.
• Awarded in Opera Auditorium by the President of Albania for performing at 13th death Anniversary of Mother Teresa in 2010.
•Awarded the National Fellowship in Music in 2014 and National Scholarship in Tabla in 2006 from the Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India.
• Recipient of National Talent Scholarship in Music from 1996 to 2005 from CCRT, Govt. of India.
• Empanelled artiste of Indian Council For Cultural Relation (ICCR) in 2008
● Mananan International Festival in Isle Of Man, UK
● Nehru Centre, London
● Milapfest Festival, London, Liverpool
● Deia International Festival, Spain
● Creuse Festival of Music, France
● De Musique De Uzerche International Festival, France
● Palau March Festival, Spain
● Evora Classica International Festival, Portugal
● Opera International Festival in Tirana
● Royal Overseas League in England
Performances in India :
● Sankardev Festival, Guwahati
● Sangeet Natak Academy,Sangeet Pratibha festival, Shillong
● All India National Integration Sammelan held in Ernakulam, Kerala
●Kelucharan Mahapatra Memorial Sangeet Sammelan, Bhubaneswar
● Kal Ke Kalakar Sangeet Sammellan, Mumbai
● Sanskar Bharati Sangeet Samaroh, Jharkhand
● 9th Kalakshetra Diwas, Guwahati
● Swar Sadhana Samiti, Mumbai.
● Swami Haridas Sangeet Sammelan, Mumbai
● Samrat Sangeet Sammelan in Goa
● Malhar Aavishkar in association with ICCR & Symbiosis International Cultural Centre, Pune
● Gurukul Heritage, Durgapur