“Sangeet Visharad” and “Sangeet Vibhakar” Arkendu Mitra, a young musician of Tabla, born in a musical family in the year 1983. From his tender age, he started his musical journey taking lessons from his father Sri Ashoke Kumar Mitra (a senior disciple of maestro Pt. Swapan Chaudhuri). At the age of ten only, he was taken by his dadaguru for khas-taleem of Lucknow Gharana with “ganda-bandhan”.
Now he is under the total supervision of tabla maestro Pt. Shankha Chatterjee for taking taleem of Farukhabad and Punjab Gharana.
He has shown his commendable performance both in Tabla solo and accompaniment in many prestigious music conferences from his child-hood. He is directly graded B. High. from All India Radio, Kolkata and also an empanelled artist of Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
Arkendu has carried out his accompaniment with some renowned artists such as Pt. Kamal Mallick, Pt. Samaresh Chowdhury, Pt. Mohanlal Mishra etc. and many others all over the India.
Academically Arkendu is a Post Graduate in Electrical Engineering from Calcutta University.
· Stood First in “Rajya Sangeet Academy” in 1994.
· Stood First in “All Bengal Tabla Lahara Compitition” in 1995.
· Stood First in “All India Music Compitition” organized by “Prayag Sangeet Samity”, Allahabad in 2001.
· Stood First in “Hirendra Kumar Gangopadhyay Memorial Competition” organized by “West Bengal State Academy of Dance, Drama, Music and Visual Arts, Rabindra Bharati University” in 2001.
· Awarded “Taal Mani” title from “Kaal Ke Kalakar Sammelan” held in Mumbai in 1997.
· Awarded “Talent Search Scholarship” from “Centre for Cultural Resource and Training”, New Delhi in 1996.
· Awarded “Senior Scholarship” from “Govt. of India, Ministry of Tourism and Culture”, New Delhi in 2004.
· Awarded “Brahm Dhyanam Puraskar” from “Sw. Pt. Bundi Maharaj Sangeet Vidyapeeth”, Kolkata in 2010.
· Received “Jadubhatta Award” from “Salt Lake Cultural Association”, Kolkata in 2016.
· Open concerts conducted by “All India Radio, Kolkata” (1994-1997 in a row).
· “Doordarshan Kendra Kolkata” (1996 & 1999).
· “Baba Alluddin Sangeet Samaroh”, Maihar (1998).
· “Swami Haridas Sangeet Sammelan”, Mumbai (1999).
· “Salt Lake Cultural Association”, Kolkata.