Rohit Chandrakant Kulkarni
Tabla player and Teacher
3B/15, Ruston Colony, Sector-27A,
Pune - 411044
Phone: +91 98816 65695
Rohit Kulkarni is an ardent student of the art of Tabla playing, and has an inborn passion for the same. He has been a residential student at the Taalyogi Ashram, a Gurukula run by Taalyogi Padmashree Pt. Suresh Talwalkar.
· Started learning from father, Shri C.N.Kulkarni
· Learning as a disciple of Taalyogi Padmashree Pt. Suresh Talwalkar since 2003.
· Received guidance from Pt. Ramdas Palsule
· Tabla Alankar passed in 1st class from Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, Miraj in 2009.
· Completed M.A.in Music in First class with distinction from Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune in 2014.
· Currently conducting research work on Compositions of Tabla from School of Performing Arts, Bharati Vidyapeeth,Pune.
§ Completed M.Com from Pune University in 2009
Teaching/ Work Experience
§ Tabla Faculty at Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukul and Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth since 2013
§ Member of Board of Studies for Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth and active participation in designing Syllabus for Tabla and Common Rhythm Courses for BA and MA.
§ Teaching through institute “Kulkarni Tabla Classes”, established by Father Shri C.N. Kulkarni, which is affiliated with Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Mandal at Nigdi and Purnanagar, since 2012.
§ Worked as an Examiner for A.B.Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Mandal, Miraj for Visharad level. § Worked as an Examiner for Pune University for BA (Music).
Management and Organizational Activities
· Organizing Tabla workshops through Kulkarni Tabla Classes in Nigdi and Purnanagar.
· Active participation in organizing Monthly baithak and workshops under Chinmaya Social Responsibility (CSR) Program by Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukul, Kolwan.
· Conducting and organizing exams for Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, Miraj as Centre Head for Kulkarni Tabla Classes.
Seminars and Workshops
· Tabla Vadan Karyashala organized by Samajseva Kendra, Akurdi in December, 2016.
· Tabla workshop in Kozhikode in April, 2015.
· Tabla Vadan Karyashala in Samajseva Kendra, Baramati in January, 2015.
· Tabla Intensive workshops conducted through Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukul, Kolwan Pune.
Performances in India
· Tabla solo concerts given in Pune, Chinchwad, Hingoli, Solapur, Kolhapur, Mumbai and Bhopal.
· Provided accompaniment to Pt. Vijay Koparkar, Vidushi Manjusha Patil, Pt. Suhas Vyas, Pt. Rajendra Kandalgavkar for Hindustani Vocal.
· Provided accompaniment to Pt. Rajendra Kulkarni, Pt. Rupak Kulkarni (Bansuri), Pt. Atulkumar Upadhye(Violin), Pt. Keshav Gindeji (Bansuri), Shri Sarang Kulkarni (Sarod).
· Accompanied to All India Radio recognised musicians and recordings broadcasted by Pune Aakashvani.
· Music arrangement for Kathak program in Chinchwad by Nrityasharada Kala Mandir, Chinchwad in January 2014, October 2015, August 2019, January 2020.
· Composed the Tabla pieces for “Taalghosh”, a Tabla performance by 50 Tabla players in Chinchwad, organized by Tansen Sangeet Vidyalaya in October 2016.
Awards & Certificates
· Received National Scholarship Award by Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India in 2008.
· Awarded with ‘’B’’ grade by All India Radio for solo Tabla performance in 2013.