BIO-DATA Of Sohon Ghosh
Sohon Ghosh is one of the finest young talents, from Kolkata in the field of Indian Classical Music. Being born in a musical family, he started his Talim at the tender age of three, under the guidance of his father, Sri Nirmal Ghosh (who himself is a disciple of Pt.Gobindo Bose ji)
Later on, he is fortunate enough to get & continue talim from his dada-guruji, Pt. Gobindo Bose ji. He is also a ganda-bandhan disciple of Pt. Gobindo Bose ji.
v Got the Doverlane Award , in Doverlane Talent Search Contest 2011-2012.
v Got the BEST TABLA PLAYER AWARD from PT. Subhankar Banerjee at his school B.D.M.International.
v He has got Sangeet Piyasi scholarship in tabla, held At ITC SRA (2014-15).
v Ranked First in The Rajya Sangeet Academy 2014.
v Got the First place, all over WEST BENGAL in Yuva Chhatra Utsav 2014-15, organised by youth welfare department of W.B. Govt.
v Sohon has ranked first in the state round of All India Radio competition 2014 & 15
v He ranked First in Sri Aurobindo Institute of Culture, in the consecutive years -- 2012 & 2013.
v Ranked First in “ All India Music Competition” 2013, at ‘Murari Smriti Sangeet Sammilani’.
v Ranked First class First in “All Bengal Tabla Competition” 2013, organised in the memory of Ustad Keramatullah Khan.
v He has ranked first in the tabla competition presented by The Classical Voice of India.
Sohon has played in many concerts in various states of India and abroad, as a soloist as well as accompanist. Some of them are as follows:-
· Played at the periodical concert of The Doverlane Music Conference 2012 .
· Performed at the prestigious Rajya Sangeet Academy Classical Music Conference organised by West Bengal State Music Academy
· Performed at Young Maestros concert by ITC Sangeet Research Academy.
· One of the performers of Swara Samrat Festival – ALAAP 2019. (Organisation of Pt. Tejendra Narayan Majumder)
· Performed at “Best Of The Young Generation” by Sa Dha Arts, Held at The Bhavans, London, U.K.
· Played tabla solo, at Shrutinandan (Institute of Pt. Ajoy Chakraborty) .
· Performed at Baithak (which is named as SSF ALAP now) in 2015.
· Performed at the Evening Darbar at Ustad Rashid Khan ji’s institution, in 2017.
· Played at Beats N Pieces organised by MATRA. (Academy of Pt. Anindo Chatterjee), in 2018.
· Performed at Arati Music Foundation ( Organisation of Pt. Kushal Das), 2020.
· Performed Tabla solo at Vidushi Sipra Bose Foundation 2020.
· Played Tabla solo at Murari Smriti Sangeet Sammilani 2014 & 2015
· Gave solo performance at the annual conference of Punjab National Bank & many other corporate shows as well.
· Performed at The Gandharva Sangeet Sammelan 2019, Kolkata.
· He has also performed at various TV channels.
And many more