Sangeeta Dastidar, a professional Kathak dancer of Lucknow Gharana , has got her initial training under Smt. Sangita Sinha (Disciple of Padmavibhushan Pdt. Birju Maharaj) & is presently getting Guidance under Pdt. Jai Kishan Maharaj. She has completed her Masters in Kathak from Banaras Hindu University. She has also done Masters from Kathak Kendra under the tutelage of Pdt. Jai Kishan Maharaj & has performed in his several choreographies. She has recieved the degree of Prabhakar from Prayag Sangit Samiti, Allahbad, in Kathak and Classical Vocal as well.
* She has been awarded the CCRT Ministry of Culture Scholarship.
* Won Silver & Gold Medal in the National Level Competition of Prayag Sangit Samiti, Allahbad.
* Won the National Level Competition organised by Vishnu Dighambar Paluskar Sangit Samaroh, Agra, thrice.
* Titled as 'Sangit Kala Suman' by Vishnu Dighambar Paluskar Sangit Samaroh, Agra.
* Titled as 'Nanhe Ustad' at the tender age of 11 by Sunbeam Group of Educational Institutions, Varanasi.
She has performed in several choreographies under Pdt. Jai Kishan Maharaj in different parts of India.
She is admired for her beautiful body gestures and expressions which reflects the true essence of Lucknow Gharana. Chakkar & footwork are her strong parts.