NrityaChuramani RAHUL DEV MONDAL
( Assistant Professor / Rabindra Bharati University , Dept. of Dance)
· NrityaChuramani Rahul Dev Mondal, an young dancer from Bengal (India),He is a National Scholar , Researcher and also ASSISTANT PROFESSOR of RABINDRA BHARATI UNIVERSITY (KOLKATA) Department of Dance (BharatNatyam & NrityaYoga Sutra ) , Rahul is one of the leading Male Bharatnatyam performer in India currently and a youth icon in his own right. Rahul Dev, Nrityachuramani, Shringarmani, Nritya Kala Ratna and “A” Graded Artist of National Doordarshan ( Prasar Bharati, Govt of India ). Started his journey in the field of Bharatnatyam under the able guidance of Late Guru Shri Tushar Dey and Guru Shri Khagendranath Burman .He uniquely combined these two knowledge bases - Dance and Yoga and pursued his research work on Nritya-Yoga Sutra to find out the intrinsic and complementary relationships between Yogic movements and Classical Dance. At the same time he went on to become an avant-garde performer in Bharatnatyam and also his unique dance style – the Nritya Yoga Sutra.
· Rahul has already performed in many prestigious National and International dance festivals throughout India and Abroad.
· He also performed in several International Dance Festivals outside the country such as in Bangkok, Singapore, USA, UK and Bangladesh. It is a rare feat to get the opportunity to perform in Swami Vivekananda’s 150th Birth Anniversary Festival, Chicago, and Rahul Dev Mondal achieved that.
· Throughout his dance career of nearly 20 years Rahul Dev Mondal gathered many prestigious National & International awards and Apart from awards he was honored several prestigious “Tiltle”s such as International Title Award "Yuva Kala Vipanchee" received from Vipanchee Art Festival, Chennai.2011, “Youth Icon” Award given by Kala Bhrit in 2011, and Girnar Ratna Award in 2014, Gujrat , “NrityaCuramani” award from Govt of Karnataka.
· 2007 Rahul received Award form Rastrapati Bhavan for “National Yuva Kriti Sanman” Govt.of India, this award given by Dr.A.P.J Abdulkalam ( Former President Of India )
· He is an immensely dedicated teacher conducting regular classes and workshops ,Seminars in various parts of the country and abroad. His institution Kalakarma Foundation comprises of many students among whom many are scholarship holders and winners of prestigious awards. Kalakarma Foundation is not just a dance school, but an Ashram, a centre for holistic learning and gaining deep seated knowledge about one’s own body, mind and energy and combine them for the society to achieve greater goal through the medium and expression called Dance. Kalakarma Foundation has a separate performing wing whose members constantly engage themselves in experimenting and creating newer dance styles and idioms based on their traditional mother and also performs in different dance festivals and events throughout the country on regular basis bringing laurels and prestige for their institution and their Guru – Sri Rahul Dev Mondal.
· Rahul has recently accomplished authoring of his first book on the theoretical and practical aspects of Nritya-Yoga & Bharatnatyam named “NRITYA YOGA SUTRA”(A bond between body and soul) from the Asian Publication, Kolkata 2015 and 2017 he also published CD with Book named “ Abhays” based on basic knowledge of Bharatnatyam , this book and CDs are divided on 5 volume.