Started learning Kathak at the age of four under the aegis of Smt. Swapna Roy,then Smt.Chandrani Mukherjee Roy and thereafter from Sri. Alok Chowdhury in Alipurduar (North Bengal).Subsequent lessons from Prof. Amita Dutta led to training with Smt. Madhumita Roy,persuing advance training under Smt. Malti Shyam and periodic lessons from Pandit Birju Maharaj-ji, Saswati Sen, Jayanta Kastuar, Jaikishan Maharaj-ji, Krishna Mohan Maharaj-ji, Rajendra Gangani-ji, et al..
Graduation 2008, and Master’s Degree 2010 in Kathak from Rabindra Bharati University Kolkata with 1st class at both levels,.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
• Placed 1st in(Gold Medal) Akhil Bharatiya Sangeet Pratiyogita organized by Prayag Sangeet Samiti,Alahabad in 2015.
• Awarded ‘B-Grade’ artiste by Doordarshan Kendra, Kolkata in2013.
• Awarded ‘Kalaa Jeeva Puraskar’ from Raja Charitable Trust & School of Theatre Arts (Regd.), Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh in 2013.
• National Scholarship from the H.R.D. Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India in 2010.
• Awarded ‘Rhythm Shrestha’ from Rhythm Tata Tata Thai Thai, Siliguri, 2010.
• Placed 2nd in AIU Silver Unifest organized by Association of Indian Universities and the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports,Govt. of India 2009-2010.
• Placed 1st in Talent Search Contest organized by Dover Lane Music Conference 2009. Won the Sharmila Das Memorial Challenge Trophy and the Biman Ghosh Memorial Rolling Trophy as the Best New Talent of the Year.
• Placed 2nd in Competition (Kathak Senior level) organized by West Bengal State Music Academy in 2008-2009.
• Placed 1st at the District level & 2nd at State level in the Yuva Utsab, Govt. of West Bengal, 2008.
• Gold Medal in Vaswar (Final) examination from Bangiya Sangeet Kala Kendra 2006.
• Awarded Sangeet Bivakar in 1st division from Bangiya Sangeet Parishad in 2002-03.